Restaurant Reports to: Dining Room Manager or Food & Beverage Manager
The banquet set up’s primary responsibility is to set up banquet rooms according to specified plan including requested special equipment. The banquet set up will provide the highest level of service in an efficient, courteous and professional manner, always being prepared for last minute changes.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Acknowledges customers and greets them with a warm, friendly smile within 30 seconds.
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide exceptional guest service to our guests by complying with the company service standards.
- Will read event orders for details of event and any special requests, reviewing the set up for accuracy/completion (tables, chair, equipment, table top arrangements and table settings) prior to completion and completes pre event checklist. All equipment should be checked that it is working in good condition.
- Courteously and efficiently will assist event coordinator with any last minute requests.
- Services all coffee breaks at scheduled times and services hors d’ oeuvres parties and busses banquet rooms in a prompt, orderly and efficient manner.
- Works as a team with all personnel in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Maintains superior standards of quality, service and cleanliness in the banquet rooms and service areas. Consistently maintains a neat, organized and clean workspace and uniform.
- Responsible for keeping furnishings, equipment and rooms in good condition, taking precautions against damage during set up and tear down. Checking the equipment to be clean and in good repair.
- Checks with Banquet Supervisor and Sales Department at the beginning of shift to be given work assignments for the day. May assist with catering events when needed.
- Assists the maintenance department in keeping the entrances clear of ice and snow.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the banquet area that meet or exceed company, federal, state or local health and safety standards.
- Follows established hotel safety and security procedures at all times. Immediately reports any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
Qualifications and requirements
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds/23 kilograms.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to serve alcohol.
- Consistently handling banquet tables and chairs and equipment.
- Frequently walking, reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and standing for periods of up to 4 hours.
- Able to work alone as well as being a team member. • Basic reading and writing for communication while taking orders and completing paperwork, etc.
- Math skills used to configure diagrams and close event tickets.
- Ability to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Performs other duties as may be required within own department or for other departments.
Other: • Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and employees.
- Must be able to clearly comprehend English and listen attentively.
- Basic computer skills.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts, weekends and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. The job description offers no employment contract and the company reserves the right to terminate an employee at any time ‘at-will’ with or without cause.