Reports to: Bar Manager or Food & Beverage Manager
Be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. This position is responsible for ensuring guest enjoyment. You should be organized, able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Be guest sensitive and possess a sense of timing. Take pride in personal appearance and show dedication to your job. Display integrity and honesty in all aspects of your employment.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Acknowledges customers and greets them with a warm, friendly smile within 30 seconds, serves their drink within 3 minutes and checks back with the guest within 4-5 minutes.
- Responsible for not serving alcohol to anyone under the legal age of 21. The bartender complies with all aspects of Frontier Hospitality Group’s Alcohol Awareness Program and Tips Training requirements.
- Responsible for following all guidelines in alcohol awareness program to prevent the over-serving of patron. Will stop the serving of guests when necessary and be comfortable with communicating that decision to our guest.
- Takes drink orders and uses suggestive selling and upselling opportunities. Informs guests of specials and makes suggestions regarding beverage and food options. • Mixes ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Is able to explain the descriptions and preparation of all cocktails on the bar and food menus.
- Prepares garnishes and maintains needed inventory of liquor, garnish and glasses stocked at the bar.
- Works as a team with all personnel in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Processes all guest orders, checks and payments promptly.
- Stocks all cooler storage areas as necessary.
- Responsible for sanitation and orderly, attractive appearance of bar, service areas and equipment.
- Responsible for completing daily and weekly cleaning duties on the daily checklists.
- When serving a host or banquet bar, the set up and tear down is part of the event process.
- Anticipates guest’s needs and follows the half-full rule when offering another drink; remains alert of guest signals and acknowledges guests so they know you will be right with them.
- Properly runs close of shift reports, deposits appropriate amount of money and declares correct amount of tips on point of sale system.
- Performs duties of cocktail server, bar back and greeter as needed.
- Follows established hotel safety and security procedures at all times. Immediately reports any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
Qualifications and requirements
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 60 pounds and ability to push/pull medium to large weights/objects.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to serve alcohol.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Frequently walking, reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and standing for periods of up to 4 hours.
- Able to work alone as well as being a team member. • Basic reading and writing for communication while taking orders and completing paperwork, etc.
- Math skills and ability to reconcile end of shift accounts, handle money and give correct change.
- Ability to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Performs other duties as may be required within own department or for other departments.
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and employees.
- Must be able to clearly comprehend English and listen attentively.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and be familiar with standard drink recipes.
- Basic computer skills.
Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts, weekends and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. The job description offers no employment contract and the company reserves the right to terminate an employee at any time ‘at-will’ with or without cause.