Department: FOH Restaurant/Breakfast Area
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager or General Manager
The breakfast attendant’s primary responsibility is to provide a clean and well-stocked breakfast area and to ensure absolute guest satisfaction by providing efficient, courteous service. This role is responsible for presenting a positive attitude in a friendly, welcoming manner to ensure the highest level of service.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Assists all guests in a sincere and courteous manner, whenever possible going the extra mile and doing whatever it takes to ensure absolute guest satisfaction.
- Sets up breakfast according to operational policies and standards and maintains sanitation and cleanliness in the breakfast and kitchen area in compliance with your local county and city health department standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide exceptional guest service to our guests by complying with the company service standards. Follows proper etiquette and sanitation guidelines while serving and clearing tables,
- Observes and monitors guests attending to their needs, ensuring food is hot and continually replenished and presented in an appealing manner. Clears and cleans tables quickly and quietly; checks floor for debris, etc.
- Maintains dispensing machines, operating equipment and serving utensils in a neat and clean manner to ensure maximum job efficiency and an appealing presentation.
- Organizes storage areas to ensure the quality of food, implementing “first in first out” food rotation method. Plans and prepares for the following day by checking inventory for supplies to assure quantity and quality of supplies.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel, as well as local area to assist guests.
- Maintains a record of guest requests for breakfast items and provides this information to the general manager in order to continually exceed guest expectation of the breakfast program. • Works as a team with all personnel in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service. Communicates with any dining room staff or kitchen staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follows established hotel safety and security procedures at all times. Immediately reports any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
Qualifications and requirements
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds/23 kilograms.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Frequently standing, walking, reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and standing for periods of up to 4 hours.
- Able to work alone as well as being a team member.
- Basic reading and writing for communication while reading and responding to written banquet orders, etc.
- Math skills and ability to reconcile end of shift accounts, etc.
- Performs other duties as may be required within own department or for other departments.
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and employees. Must be able to clearly comprehend English and listen attentively.
- Basic computer skills.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including 1and 2nd shifts, weekends and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. The job description offers no employment contract and the company reserves the right to terminate an employee at any time ‘at-will’ with or without cause.