Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager
The dishwasher’s primary responsibility is to wash all kitchen and serving pieces including dishes, pots, pans, cutlery and machinery while maintaining sanitation. Additional responsibilities include general cleaning of kitchen and service areas.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
After receiving dishes, glasses and flatware from the dining room, bar or banquet areas; scrapes, sorts and loads them into the dish racks. Places the dishracks in the automatic dishwasher and after cycle is complete, removes dish racks, stacks dishes, sorts the flatware and returns all to a proper shelving and storage area.
- Works carefully to minimize breakage and flatware loss, ensuring all dishes are completely cleaned before returning them for use.
- Washes pots, pans and kettles by hand.
- monitors water temperatures and soap levels in dish machine and cleans and performs routine maintenance functions on dishwashers and other equipment while responsible for keeping the dish area clean and following sanitation guidelines. Reports any concerns about the equipment to manager and maintenance.
- Performs a variety of janitorial and cleaning duties including mopping floors, cleaning mats, scrubbing walls, picking up and emptying trash to maintain sanitation standard of the kitchen area.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed company, federal, state or local health and safety standards.
- Follows established hotel safety and security procedures at all times. Immediately reports any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
- Works as part of a team and communicates with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
Qualifications and requirements
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Must be at least 18 years if age.
- Carrying or lifting pots and pans weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility.
- Frequently walking, reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and standing for periods of up to 4 hours.
- Able to work alone as well as being a team member.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Acquires working knowledge of the property to respond to guest questions effectively.
- Performs other duties as may be required within own department or for other departments.
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and employees.
- Must be able to clearly comprehend English and listen attentively.
- Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are used often when reading instructions, monitoring cleaning inventory and other required documents.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts, weekends and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. The job description offers no employment contract and the company reserves the right to terminate an employee at any time ‘at-will’ with or without cause.