Reports to: Executive Housekeeper or Manager
Housekeeping is what gives hotels the ‘wow’ factor. It’s the moment that guests walk into the hotel and are impressed, then enter their bedrooms and think ‘wow, this looks wonderful’. To deliver a great guest experience a Housekeeper will clean and service guest rooms so everything is spotless and prepared for guests.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Cleans and services assigned guest rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures.
- Removes soiled bed and bath linens and replaces with fresh linens
- Removes trash and debris from guest room and returns room service trays to kitchen
- Cleans all surfaces in bathroom area including shower walls, tub, toilet, sink, mirrors, floors, vanity & walls
- Dusts and polishes.all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings
- Replenishes room amenities and restocks literature that is missing or soiled
- Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways; and wipes down walls, doors & fixtures
- Reports unusual circumstances to supervisor
- Checks lights & remotes to ensure all are in working order & reports maintenance requests promptly
- Turns in articles left in rooms to Housekeeping Manager for lost and found
- Performs routine schedules procedures in rooms (i.e., defrosting refrigerators, flipping mattresses, etc.)
- Wears safety protection equipment as provided in line with department regulations and any local legislative requirements.
- Handles and stores chemicals in line with hotel regulations and any local legislative requirements.
- Follows established hotel safety and security procedures at all times. Imriiediately reports any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
- Greets and acknowledges guests in a friendly, cheerful and courteous manner at all times.
- Notifies supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Reports any rooms that are unable to be serviced to the supervisor according to established procedures.
- Reports to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Responds to guest complaints, special requests and takes action to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitors and controls supplies and amenities, and minimizes waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Reports, turns in, and/or logs all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Works as part of a team and communicates with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Assists with laundry as needed.
Qualifications and requirements This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and ability to push/pull medium to large weights/objects.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility.
- Frequently standing, walking, climbing stairs, reaching, bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, lifting and kneeling.
- Able to work alone as well as being a team member.
- Acquires working knowledge of the property to respond to guest questions effectively.
- Performs other duties as may be required within own department or for other departments.
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and employees.
- Must be able to clearly comprehend English and listen attentively.
- Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are used often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. The job description offers no employment contract and the company reserves the right to terminate an employee at any time ‘at-will’ with or without cause.