Department: FOH Restaurant
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager Job
The server’s primary responsibility is to provide the highest level of food service in an efficient, courteous, personable and professional manner to ensure a positive guest dining experience. The server accurately processes guest orders and ensures all items are prepared properly and timely.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Acknowledges customers and greets them with a warm, friendly smile within 30 seconds, serves their drink within 3 minutes and checks back with the guest within 4-5 minutes.
- Informs guest of specials and makes suggestions regarding beverage and food options. Is able to explain all items on the menu (preparation and description), and takes opportunities to upsell food and alcohol items.
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide exceptional guest service to our guests by complying with the company service standards. Follows proper etiquette and sanitation guidelines while serving and clearing tables.
- Responsible for not serving alcohol to anyone under the legal age of 21. The server complies with all aspects of Frontier Hospitality Group’s Alcohol Awareness Program and Tips Training requirements.
- Responsible for following all guidelines in alcohol awareness program to prevent the over-serving of guests. Will stop the serving of guests when necessary and be comfortable with communicating that decision to our guest.
- When serving a banquet or catering event, the server will review the banquet event order. Reports to the Banquet/Catering Supervisor for additional instructions. The servers are responsible for setup, serving and tear down of event as directed by supervisor.
- Observes and monitors guests to fulfill any additional requests and to ensure they are satisfied with beverages, food and service. Clears and resets table at the end of each course or upon completion of the meal.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel, as well as local area to assist guests.
- Processes all guest orders, checks and payments promptly.
- Maintains superior standards of quality, service and cleanliness in the restaurant and service areas. Consistently maintains a neat, organized and clean workspace and uniform. Responsible for completing daily and weekly cleaning duties on the daily checklists.
- Properly runs close of shift reports, deposits appropriate amount of money , tips out bus staff & bar staff as required, and declares correct amount of tips on point of sale system.
- Responsible for completing daily and weekly cleaning duties on the daily checklists.
- May perform host/hostess, cashier or.busser duties as needed.
- Works as a team with all personnel in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service. Communicates with dining room staff or kitchen staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follows established hotel safety and security procedures at all times. immediately reports any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
Qualifications and requirements
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds/23 kilograms.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Frequently walking, reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and standing for periods of up to 4 hours.
- Able to work alone as well as being a team member.
- Basic reading and writing for communication while reading and responding to written banquet orders, etc.
- Math skills and ability to reconcile end of shift accounts, etc. • Performs other duties as may be required within own department or for other departments.
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and employees.
- Must be able to clearly comprehend English and listen attentively.
- Basic computer skills.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts, weekends and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. The job description offers no employment contract and the company reserves the right to terminate an employee at any time ‘at-will’ with or without cause.